September is a very special month here at Bent Ladder. Yes, it’s the official start of the harvest season – apples, grapes…ciders, wines; but it’s also the month that we first opened our doors to the public. It’s hard for us to believe that it’s been a full year since we poured those first glasses of cider on September 10, 2016. We’ve come a long way since then. From the two varieties of cider on tap that opening weekend, we now have eight different varieties and a few more in tanks and barrels waiting to be kegged. And on August 31st we’ll begin selling our first wines – Hooray!
To celebrate our One Year Anniversary, we’ve planned a very exciting schedule of activities.
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 @ 6:30pm – Sip and Create Jewelry Class with Jewelry Artist Katie Mullins. Limit 8. Register by clicking here.
- Friday, September 15, 2017
- 6:00pm – Winery Tour and Sampling led by Matt Vodraska, owner/wine & cider maker. Limit 20.. Register by clicking here.
- 5:30-8:30pm – Incredible gourmet hot dogs, tacos, truffle fries and more by Quite Frank’s Eccentric Street Food.
- 6:30pm – Live music by Shelby Olive – singer/songwriter, ukulele enthusiast, harmony fanatic, lazy perfectionist and professional cuddler.
- Saturday, September 16, 2017
- All day, or until we run out – Free Anniversary Cake
- 2:00pm – Sip and Paint: Perspective Painting Class with Katie Harding. Limit 20. Register by clicking here.
- 5:00pm and 7:00pm – Winery Tours and Samplings led by Matt Vodraska, owner/wine & cider maker. Limit 20. Register by clicking here.
- 5:30-8:30pm – Awesome wood-fired pizza by Scott’s Fire and Ice.
- 6:30pm – Live folk, blues, country, rockabilly, and bluegrass all in one set by Restless Root.
Then just to make September even more special, Bent Science debuts on Thursday, September 21 at 7:00pm. Held on the third Thursday of each month, Bent Science will be an evening of science at it’s most intriguing. Each month we’ll explore a different topic and expand our understanding of the world around us. September’s topic is ‘Weird Things in the Woods’ and will be led by Jim Chatfield, Professor of Horticulture at OSU. Admission is free – bring your curiosity.
We also have our regular lineup of Friday and Saturday evening food trucks and musicians. Oh yeah, Fall Festival weekends (with Rittman Orchards) will be the last two weekends of September and the first two weekends of October. It’s going to a very busy – and very fun – fall at Bent Ladder. Join us!